Is your nonprofit eligible for Google Ad Grants?
- To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants program, organizations must:
- Hold current and valid charity status, as determined by your country; please see your country’s charity status definition below.
- Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a functioning website with substantial content
- Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:
- Governmental entities and organizations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). To learn more about Google's programs for educational institutions, visit Google for Education.
Definition for charity status in the US
Visit the Google for Nonprofits site for charity status eligibility details.
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants program:
- Your ads must only link to the ONE nonprofit website domain that was approved in the application.
- You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly and making at least one change to your account every 90 days, based on review of your account performance. Your account is subject to automatic pausing or cancellation without notification should you fail to make any changes in your account for over 90 days.
- Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organization and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this program. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your program.
- Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
- Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
- Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.