(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Lubart et al.
(io) Pub. No.: US 2007/0133097 Al (43) Pub. Date: Jun. 14, 2007
(54) INTEGRATED SUB-ASSEMBLY HAVING A LIGHT COLLIMATING OR TRANSFLECTING DEVICE
(75) Inventors: Neil D. Lubart, Austin, TX (US);
Timothy J. Wojciechowski, Westlake,
OH (US); Thomas E. Lash, Shaker
Heights, OH (US)
BENESCH FRIEDLANDER COPLAN &
2300 BP TOWER
200 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-2378 (US)
(73) Assignee: Brilliant Film LLC, Cleveland, OH (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/537,325
(22) Filed: Sep. 29, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 11/194,360, filed on Aug. 1, 2005, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/108,296, filed on Mar. 26, 2002, now abandoned, and which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/688,785, filed on Oct. 17, 2003.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/600,272, filed on Aug. 10, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
G02B 27/30 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 359/641
Integrated sub-assemblies for light management are disclosed herein. The integrated sub-assemblies include a plurality of films and/or elements, including a light collimating device and/or a transflecting device. At least two of the elements are coupled such that there is no air layer between the coupled elements.