(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0006727 Al
Forbes et al. (43) Pub. Date: Jan. 13,2005
(54) HIGH PERMEABILITY COMPOSITE FILMS TO REDUCE NOISE IN HIGH SPEED INTERCONNECTS
(75) Inventors: Leonard Forbes, Corvallis, OR (US);
Kie Y. Ahn, Chappaqua, NY (US);
Salman Akram, Boise, ID (US)
Attn: Edward J. Brooks, III
Schwegman, Lundberg, Woessner & Kluth, P.A.
P.O. Box 2938
Minneapolis, MN 55402 (US) (73) Assignee: Micron Technology, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/910,676
(22) Filed: Aug. 3, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/371,349, filed on Feb. 20, 2003, now Pat. No. 6,815,804, which is a division of application No. 10/099,020, filed on Mar. 13,2002.
(51) Int. CI.7 H03K 17/16; H03K 19/003;
(52) U.S. C I 257 622
An electronic system is provided with a structure for improved transmission line operation on integrated circuits. The structure for transmission line operation includes a first layer of electrically conductive material on a substrate. A first layer of insulating material is formed on the first layer of the electrically conductive material. A number of high permeability metal lines are formed on the first layer of insulating material. The number of high permeability metal lines includes composite hexaferrite films. A number of transmission lines is formed on the first layer of insulating material and between and parallel with the high permeability metal lines. A second layer of insulating material is formed on the transmission line and the pair of high permeability metal lines. The structure for transmission line operation includes a second layer of electrically conductive material on the second layer of insulating material.