(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2006/0040730 Al
Walker et al. (43) Pub. Date: Feb. 23,2006
(54) SYSTEMS, METHODS AND APPARATUS
FOR FACILITATING A FLAT RATE PLAY
SESSION ON A GAMING DEVICE AND
EXAMPLE PLAYER INTERFACES TO
(76) Inventors: Jay S. Walker, Ridgefield, CT (US);
James A. Jorasch, New York, NY
(US); Robert C. Tedesco, Fairfield, CT
Magdalena M. Fincham
Walker Digital Management, LLC
Five High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/270,016
(22) Filed: Nov. 9, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part ol application No. 10/001,089, filed on Nov. 2, 2001.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/627,670, filed on Nov. 12, 2004. Provisional application No. 60/637,338, filed on Dec. 17, 2004. Provisional application No. 60/679,138, filed on May 9, 2005.
In accordance with some embodiments, there is provided a method, apparatus and article of manufacture for providing a flat rate play session using a gaming device. The flat rate play session may define a duration of, for example, a period of time, a number of game plays, and/or a number of qualifying events. In some embodiments, a flat rate play session may define a game and a wager amount per game play. In some embodiments, a player may be allowed to change the game and/or the wager amount per game play during the flat rate play session. In some embodiments, a retail price may be calculated for the flat rate play session based on a number of simulations of the flat rate play session and a desired profit margin. In some embodiments, various user interfaces (e.g., touch-screen menus) may be used to allow a player to select and purchase a flat rate play session. Various user interfaces (e.g., touch-screen menus) may also be used to allow a player to reconfigure a flat rate play session during the duration of the flat rate play session.