(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,480,956 Bi
DiRienzo (45) Date of Patent: Nov. 12,2002
(54) ATTACHMENT INTEGRATED CLAIMS SYSTEM AND OPERATING METHOD THEREFOR
(76) Inventor: Andrew L. DiRienzo, 118 Weaver Rd., Elizaville, NY (US) 12523
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/036,432
(22) Filed: Jan. 7, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 09/592,256, filed on Jun. 12, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,338,093, which is a continuation of application No. 08/824,010, filed on Mar. 25, 1997, now Pat. No. 6,003,007, and a continuation of application No. 09/232,805, filed on lan. 19, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,076,066
(60) Provisional application No. 60/014,427, filed on Mar. 28, 1996.
(51) Int. C I. G06F 1 24
(52) U.S. CI 713/150; 713/153; 713/168
(58) Field of Search 713/150, 153,
713/164, 165, 166, 168
A combination of first, second, and third storage media storing computer readable instructions permit nonnetworked computers to cooperate synergistically. Preferably, the first storage medium stores computer readable instructions for permitting a first computer system to receive textual data as field data, to assemble the field data and a corresponding digitized attachment into a first file and to transmit the first file to a second computer system via the Internet, while the second storage medium stores computer readable instructions for permitting the second computer system to receive the first file via the Internet, to display the first file including the digitized attachment on a first window generated by a graphics user interface (GUI) instantiated by the second computer system, to display a second file in a second window, and to transfer the field data to a third computer system operatively connected to the second computer system. Additionally, the third storage medium stores computer readable instructions for permitting the third computer system to receive the field data from the second computer system, to process the field data to thereby generate the second file including portions of the field data extracted from the first file, and to transmit the second file to the second computer system. Corresponding systems and methods are also described.
26 Claims, 8 Drawing Sheets