(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Komninakis et al.
(54) INTERFERENCE DETECTION AND MITIGATION
(75) Inventors: Christos Komninakis, La Jolla, CA (US); Daniel F. Filipovic, Solana Beach, CA (US)
5775 MOREHOUSE DR.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92121 (US)
(73) Assignee: QUALCOMM
INCORPORATED, San Diego,
(21) Appl.No.: 12/330,798
(22) Filed: Dec. 9, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 11/693,968, filed on Mar. 30, 2007.
(60) Provisional application No. 61/018,572, filed on Jan. 2, 2008, provisional application No. 60/836,608, filed on Aug. 8, 2006.
(51) Int. CI.
mm 1/04 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 375/346
Techniques for detecting and mitigating interference are described. A device (e.g., a cellular phone) senses interference levels and digitally reconstructs the expected interference in the received signal. The device may correlate the reconstructed interference with the received signal and determine interference in the received signal based on correlation results. The device may adjust the operation of one or more circuit blocks (e.g., a mixer, an LNA, etc.) in a receiver based on the detected interference in the received signal. Alternatively or additionally, the device may condition the digital interference to obtain conditioned reconstructed interference matching the interference in the received signal and may then subtract the conditioned interference from the received signal.