(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,571,194 B2
Mettala et al. (45) Date of Patent: Aug. 4,2009
(54) APPLICATION DATA SYNCHRONIZATION IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: Riku Mettala, Tampere (FI); Jussi
Piispanen, Tampere (FI); Mikko Juhani
Sahinoja, Tamere (FI)
(73) Assignee: Nokia Corporation, Espoo (FI)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 716 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 10/670,597
(22) Filed: Sep. 25, 2003
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2004/0215669 Al Oct. 28, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. PCT/FI02/00251, filed on Mar. 25, 2002.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Mar. 26,2001 (FI) 200101617
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 707/201; 707/10; 707/100
(58) Field of Classification Search 707/1,
707/10, 200, 204, 201, 202, 203, 100 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A method of arranging data synchronization of at least one application in a networked system, which comprises at least one terminal, at least one synchronization server, a first database in the terminal, and a second database. In the method, a configuration message is formed which comprises data required for the application data synchronization, said data comprising settings of at least the second database. The configuration message is transmitted from the synchronization server to the terminal. A synchronization connection is arranged between the terminal and the synchronization server to perform the synchronization. The synchronization is initialized using the arranged synchronization connection and at least part of said data, data of the first database and the second database being synchronized using at least part of said data.
24 Claims, 2 Drawing Sheets