(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0104243 Al
Osborne et al. (43) Pub. Date: Jun. 3,2004
(54) AUTOMATED MEANS FOR REMOVING,
PARKING AND REPLACING A SYRINGE TIP
CAP FROM A SYRINGE
(75) Inventors: Joel A. Osborne, Oklahoma City, OK
(US); William C. Aven, Edmond, OK
(US); Dennis Tribble, Oklahoma City,
DARBY & DARBY PC.
805 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022 (US)
(73) Assignee: FORHEALTH TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/426,910
(22) Filed: Apr. 30, 2003
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/430,481, filed on Dec. 3, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.7 B67D 5/08
(52) U.S. CI 222/63; 222/147
In one exemplary embodiment, an automated syringe preparation mechanism for an automated medication preparation system is provided and the mechanism includes (1) a first automated gripping mechanism having a pair ol adjustable gripper arms for removing a tip cap from a barrel of one syringe and placing the removed tip cap at a first location and (2) a second automated gripping mechanism having a pair of adjustable gripper arms for replacing the removed tip cap on the syringe barrel after the medication is injected therein.