(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2002/0138659 Al
Trabaris et al. (43) Pub. Date: Sep. 26,2002
(54) METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND A DATA PROCESSING ARCHITECTURE UTILIZING DESTINATIONLESS MESSAGING
(76) Inventors: Zissis Trabaris, Forest Hills, NY (US);
Ira Lee, Kew Gardens, NY (US)
KENYON & KENYON
NEW YORK, NY 10004 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/015,966
(22) Filed: Nov. 1, 2001
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/244,846, filed on Nov. 1, 2000.
Publication Classification (51) Int. CI.7 G06F 9/00; G06F 9/46; G06F 15/16
(52) U.S. CI 709/313; 709/201; 709/328
The present invention provides a data processing architecture and application development paradigm, which facilitates dynamic reconfiguration, code reuse, interoperability, performance, availability and manageability. The application architecture according to the present invention includes a combination of discrete and autonomous program processes each capable of generating destinationless data elements, one or more data repositories for the storage of data elements generated by the program processes and configuration information for each program process. The configuration information for each program process may associate a program process with one or more data repositories in either a read or write configuration. The application is made operative through the combination of the autonomous behavior of each program process and an exchange of data elements or communication pathways between program processes.