(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,236,286 B2
Clikeman et al. (45) Date of Patent: Jun. 26,2007
(54) DEVICE HAVING REFLECTIVE AND TRANSMISSIVE PROPERTIES
(75) Inventors: Richard W. Clikeman, Austin, TX
(US); Neil D. Lubart, Austin, TX (US);
Charles Ronald Mayfleld, Cedar Park,
(73) Assignee: Brilliant Film LLC, Cleveland, OH
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 46 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/184,541
(22) Filed: Jul. 19, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0023289 Al Feb. 2, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/990,102, filed on Nov. 16, 2004, now Pat. No. 6,919,981, which is a continuation of application No. 10/282,702, filed on Oct. 29, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,819,465, which is a continuation of application No. 09/491,450, filed on Jan. 26, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,473,220, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/234,522, filed on Jan. 21, 1999, now abandoned.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/072,202, filed on Jan. 22, 1998.
A device which simultaneously maximizes light reflectivity from one side of the device while maximizing light transmissivity from the opposite side of the device. The device is configured with distinct regions of transparency and reflectivity including a plurality of reflective structures. The structures are generally smaller towards a light transmitting side of the device and larger towards a light reflective side of the device.
6 Claims, 5 Drawing Sheets