(54) PATTERN FORMATION METHOD AND SUBSTRATE MANUFACTURING APPARATUS
(75) Inventors: Hiroshi Kiguchi, Suwa (JP); Hitoshi Fukushima, Suwa (JP); Satoshi Nebashi, Suwa (JP); Tatsuya Shimoda,
(73) Assignee: Seiko Epson Corporation, (JP)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/068,303
(22) Filed: Feb. 28, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0146588 Al Jul. 7, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Division of application No. 10/445,621, filed on May 27, 2003, now Pat. No. 6,877,853, which is a continuation of application No. 09/232,682, filed on Jan. 19, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,599,582.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Jan. 19, 1998 (JP) 10-008016
A pattern formation method for discharging a prescribed fluid onto a substrate form an ink-jet head and forming an arbitrary pattern. The method including the steps of discharging the fluid onto the substrate from an ink jet head and defining a pattern-forming region by subjecting the substrate to a specific treatment to prevent the fluid from spreading. The pattern forming region is formed after the fluid has been ejected so that the arbitrary pattern is formed in the fluid corresponding to the pattern-forming region. The treatment is one in which banks for preventing the fluid from flowing out are formed around the pattern-forming region. The method also includes removing the banks following the formation of the pattern.
3 Claims, 13 Drawing Sheets