SE GU50 tube build

henry4841

My last tube amplifier build done a few years ago using some Soviet military NOS GU-50 pentode tubes run as SET's. Does not produce as good a square wave as good as some of my other tubes builds but sounds good to me. I do not know who the designer of schematic was. 

P1030824.JPG

Edited by henry4841
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

They look like tall glass pots with the lids on! Are you going to try to improve the square wave?

The square wave does not have peaks or ring is just not as good as some of my other tube amplifiers. Using the distortion software Arta the distortion picture looks very good so I did not pursue it further. It may be something to pursue one day when I find the time. I just considered it an exercise in trying to hear what you measure. 

Edited by henry4841
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry for quality but it is the best I can do due to scanner not working. The schematic is from a Chinese kit I bought on Ebay that I liked so much I decided to build the one shown with better quality parts. Doing a quick google there are others out there. The called for 6N8P is the equivalent of the 6SN7. It has been years since I built it but there does still appear to be a kit and or finished version like the first one I built available on Ebay. Price has really increased over the years though. Defiantly not the same seller so buy at your own risk. The FU-50 is the Chinese clone of the Russian GU-50. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=Fu50+Vacuum+Tube+Amplifier+Diy+Kit+&_sacat=0

P1040156.JPG

• Like 1