Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove artists from home page.

Remove artists from home page.

Plan:

Premium

US

My Question or Issue

1.) remove artists from home page. (Songs and artists I have never listened to randomly appear on my home page, it seems somehow they get a like or follow from me as well. I have changed passwords, and chosen the “don’t play” option, I want their album covers to leave my home page.)

2.) roll out an update that allows users to change their username already... the fact that I didn’t get to choose and am stuck with a random string of letters and numbers makes it difficult to interact with friends and peers on Spotify because... how tf am I supposed to commit that random string of letters and numbers to memory and expect others to do so???

6 Replies

Hey @AndToddSaid,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome.

If you've come across artists and songs unexpectedly played with your Spotify, it'd be good to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one. They feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

The steps in the first article under Passwords and Remove access to third-party apps are particularly good if you already changed your Spotify password since they'll help you make sure no one is accessing your Spotify through your credentials or other online services eventually linked with your account.

Regarding the option to edit your display name, it'd' be good to consider that tests are constantly run in order to improve Spotify and if you're missing it, here you'll find more info regarding why. The best thing to do in such cases is making sure Spotify is constantly up-to-date so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These are simple solutions that I’ve tried and they don’t work long term. None of this removes the artists from the home page. Thanks though.

Hey @AndToddSaid,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Would you mind sharing with us a screenshot of the way these unwanted artists look on your homepage? This will help us look into what you're reporting in greater detail.

To further clarify, the only way to edit the listening suggestions you receive on your home page (which suggestions might have been compromised by the unauthorized activity you reported) is to follow the previously mentioned steps to make sure that the safety of your account is constantly up-to-date. This way, you'll prevent unauthorized accesses and activity with the account and you'll also make sure that your listening activity keeps reflecting your tastes over time. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

26A17399-2E7E-48FC-ABF0-6BFF35CE2AA7.jpeg

 the artists outlined in red are the ones I’ve never listened to and stay put here. I’ve chosen the “do not play this artist” option and it’s removed them from everywhere except right at the top almost to just remind me how annoyed I am by this whole process.

I agree with this concern - we have my Spotify hooked up to the TV on our patio (Roku) and someone listened to two artists who have extremely creepy artist photos. It keeps showing up on my desktop (Win 10) Spotify home page even though I've removed them from my Android phone. Since this cannot be done on my Win 10 system, I had to search for these creepy artists and set the option to "Not Play Again" and they're STILL coming up. I've outlined them in red in the screenshots attached.

Note: this was not a situation of being erroneously logged in.

2020-09-08 09_01_22-Spotify Premium.png
2020-09-08 09_02_09-Spotify Premium.png

Hey @cindylouuu,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Also thanks @AndToddSaid for getting back to us.

We checked the screenshots and as @Mario mentioned, it's a good idea to try these steps. Here there is also a step for signing out from everywhere. We'd also suggest to give these steps a go so you can make sure the account is protected. 

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts