Did you mean: 

Light shadows on dark screen samsung Q70C

(Topic created on: 27-09-2023 06:46 PM)
RedSoloCup
Apprentice
Options

IMG_7317.jpeg

IMG_7316.jpeg

Hi, does anyone know why this happens? I just unoacked the tv with two people and followed the guide how to unpack. It only happens when the screen is dark. Otherwise perfect picture. This is a 85" display. 

thank you in advance for reply’s :smiling-face:

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
DevsAd
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Is this a backlit LED TV?

These white areas look very evenly spaced, and is not dissimilar to an issue I fixed recently on a lowly 32" Sharp TV which had a very pronounced series of round white patches on a similar dark, blank screen. A YouTube search found that this was due to LED light-dispersion lenses which had fallen off! The TV rattled like a bag of marbles...

Ok, I'm not going to suggest that your lenses have actually fallen off, but I wonder if the quality control was a bit lacking when they were installed?

That's pure guesswork. And I guess it may be within accepted limits if it doesn't show with normal viewing?

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
If its a back lit TV then this is back light bleed which varies in severity if this is OLED tech then you have a very bad panel.
RedSoloCup
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thank you for the reply. I’m currently waiting for a technician to look at the photos. It’s brand new, so hopefully i just get a new tv.

RedSoloCup
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thank you for the reply. I’m currently waiting for a technician to look at the photos. It’s brand new, so hopefully i just get a new tv.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Finger crossed 🤞
Paulos7
First Poster
Options

Hey mate, i have the same issue on the same TV, any news from the technician? 

IMG_3071.jpeg

0 Likes
Jonnycak
First Poster
Options

Any word back yet? I have the same issue lol

0 Likes
Justin1998
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue, try unplugging the cable from the wall and then hold the power button on the Tv for 20 seconds. After that let it sit for 30 minutes with the cable still unplugged and then plug it back in to the wall. I hope this helps.

0 Likes